Beautiful People: March Edition

     Hi everyone, and welcome back to another Beautiful People! This amazing link-up is hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In, and is designed to help you get to know your characters better. Today I'll be delving deeper into Crim's character from Splintered Crown, and finding out more about him!



    First, a little background on Splintered Crown if you didn't catch my last Beautiful People: 


Recovering from a bitter civil war between two princes, the nation of Cynnica eagerly awaits the announcement of the next Heir to the throne. Three royal children were sent away at birth to grow up out of palace hands, and when the time is right, the best and most suited to rule will be chosen. The other two will never be the wiser of their parentage, and Cynnica will never be caught between siblings again.

Crim is as sure he'll be the chosen Heir as he's sure he's attractive. In other words, a hundred percent. Raised under the watchful eye of a noblewoman who took him from an orphanage in hopes he'd be a prince, his only focus has been preparing to rule--and his violin.

When the Heir is declared to be a sister he's never met, Crim's life spins into chaos. What will he do now? How could they not choose him? After all, he's perfect...right?


    And now to the questions!

1) What is their favourite book/movie/play/etc.?

    Crim is not the type to spend hours wandering a library in wonder, but he will drop by the music section to learn about the composers that have inspired him. Often their biographies are studded with sheets of music, and one Crim's fingers have smoothed many times is titled: Gold Heart, Black Tears. On the violin, the song sounds both grim and hopeful as the music swells and falls like the tide.

2) Is there anything they regret doing?

    He regrets practically everything he's ever done, except play his violin.

3) If they were sick and wounded, who would take care of them and how?

    At the point in the story I'm writing now, no one would take care of him. But later on, Mira would let him stay in her house; she'd go mad with guilt if she didn't help him when no one else would. Up until he was fine, she'd probably shower him with compassion and worry, but afterwards no doubt they would return to their usual distance.


4) Is there an object they can't bear to part with and why? 

    His violin; he 's not sure if he can breathe without it. It's the only time when he can shed all his lies and mounting issues, and connect to something that seems bigger than him.

5) What are 5 ways to win their heart (or friendship)?

     #1 - Obsess over violins or music in general
     #2 - Don't say that getting over his addictions should be easy, and he isn't trying hard enough
     #3 - Not constantly feel the need to fill silence with awkward small-talk
     #4 - Have an interest in him for something other than his money
     #5 - Have goals, passions, and dreams you'd fight for

6) Describe a typical outfit for them from top to bottom.

    Every piece of cloth is ironed and devoid of any dust, tear, or stain. The white collar is stiff around Crim's neck. A deep blue vest rests over a plain white undershirt, and matches the pressed navy pants. Despite the simple palette, the fabric screams quality and bags of gold; even his black leather boots have the sheen of crisp perfection.

7) What's their favourite type of weather?

     Odd as it sounds, Crim likes thunderstorms. He'll watch them from his window for hours, feeling the windowpane shudder with thunder and the sky split with white lightning. It makes him feel powerful in a way, to be safe inside from something outside so dangerous and mighty.


8) What's the worst fight they've ever been in?

    Once Crim got really, really drunk (which happens quite a lot to be honest) and insulted someone. He can't remember who exactly, but they left him with a nearly broken jaw, two black eyes, and a bucket load of bruises. The only reason his pride somehow survived is because he figured the other guy got it worse.

9) What names or nicknames have been called throughout their life?

      Crim (his actual name is Crimson), Crimmy, Crim-Crim (*gag*), and this one bartender who didn't know what crimson was, and so when Crim said "it's like red" therefore called him Red.

10) What makes their heart feel alive?

    His ears full of a violin's song, or cuddling his tiny daughter. Or sometimes, though he won't admit it, catching Mira smile at him.



What do your characters regret doing? Would you like me to do the next Beautiful People on Mira? How's your WIP coming along? (If you did Beautiful People, feel free to link me to your post!)
Let me know in the comments, and good luck with your writing! <3

Comments

  1. I love the bartender calling him Red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary of Splintered Crown sounds SO GOOD, oh my gosh. I absolutely love the name Crim, and he sounds like such a vivid, and interesting character. (And as an avid music lover, I especially adore all the meaning + influence the violin holds for his character)
    This sounds like such an interesting story, and I'll have to look back at your older link-ups and read more about it. ^-^
    Lovely post, Melissa! <3
    xx a || not gary cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm so happy you love Splintered Crown and Crim. <3 He really adores his violin, and I hope I represent his love of music well for all the music lovers out there! Sorry, I should have linked to the last one; hopefully you can find it alright! XD Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Crim sounds really cool-- great character, great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bekah! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  4. First off, mind *blown*!!!!
    Second, my mom's name is Melissa!!!!
    Third, I play violin! And I agree with every feeling it brings him LOL
    Fourth, I did A Beautiful People link-up a few days ago! https://thedepthofmyfaith7.blogspot.com/2017/03/beautiful-people-javes-edition.html
    Fifth, Hi! I'm Allie! And I blog over at The Depth Of My Faith! (http://thedepthofmyfaith7.blogspot.com) Love your blog, totally following! I hope you like mine, and maybe follow, too!

    Allie Taylor /// https://thedepthofmyfaith7.blogspot.com /// Hebrews 11:1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Allie! I'm so happy you liked my post! Hahaha, tell your mum/mom she has an awesome name. ;) And hello! Thanks so much for following; I will definitely check your blog and Beautiful People out! <3

      Delete
  5. This sounds so musical! I don't play the violin, but I can TOTALLY relate from playing oboe as much as I used to! I love that a bartender decided to call him Red :)

    I joined in Beautiful People, but my post isn't QUITE done yet -- hoping to get it up sometime next week!

    ~ Michelle @ FaerieFits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite musical! The violin is one of the few things Crim loves about his life. I'm glad you can relate! Haha yeah, it's one of my favourite humorousness moments in my story. XD Okay, I'll have a look out for your post! Thank you so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. Goodness, that premise is AWESOME. That sounds amazing. Such a cool world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Ilse! That means so much to me. <3

      Delete
  7. Oh man, Splintered Crown sounds so cool, such an interesting premise! When did you start working on it? And I like Crim. I would totally sit and watch thunderstorms with him, provided he play dramatic violin in the background. ;)
    jeniquablog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeneca! <3 I started brainstorming it around January, and have recently cracked open the document to start the first draft. Yay, I'm glad you like him! He'd totally be up to playing the violin in a thunderstorm. :D Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  8. Aw this character sounds so in depth! I love his answers for question number five and his love for the violin and thunderstorms. ^ ^

    My Beautiful People: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/03/beautiful-people-march-2017-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Victoria; I'm super happy you like Crim! I'll let him know you enjoyed his answers. ;) I will check out your BP soon. Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete
  9. This is delightful, and I'm extremely interested in your story. How far along are you?

    I like that Crim appreciates thunderstorms, how they make him feel safe and powerful. Also, the nickname answer was amusing. Crim-Crim...Oh my!

    Hope you write something about Mira. Would love to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my Beautiful People post if you're interested: http://musingswithoutfocus.blogspot.com/2017/03/beautiful-people-march-edition.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kelly! I'm not that far into the story; a couple of fully written chapters, and a vague outline. Haha yeah, Crim-Crim always makes me cringe. XD Awesome, I'll try to do my next Beautiful People on Mira, and will totally check yours out! Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts