10 Facts About Me / 50th Post!

     Hey everyone, I'm super excited to write this today because it's my 50th post! Yay! This is probably a small number for some, but I'm proud of myself for mostly following a schedule and being committed to my blog. Thanks to all of you for sticking around; I really love you guys!

   When I realized this would be my 50th post, I decided I should do something a little different. Usually I talk about writing, but today I'll be telling you ten facts about me!



1) I Drew Maps Before I Wrote Stories

   I didn't start writing stories seriously until around fifth grade, but even in kindergarten, and before, I was drawing maps. Maps of imaginary cities, houses, kingdoms, anything. I would do all this world-building too, from the nitty-gritty details of the place's culture to the direction rivers ran. To this day drawing a map of my story world is a key part of my brainstorming process.

2) I Don't Have A Favourite Colour

  I used to (purple) but then I realized that I don't see a colour and think: "YES! That is the one!" That being said, I do find the colours mint green, silver, and gold pretty.

3) I Really Really Really Want to Travel to Petra

  The Left Behind Series (teen editions) started me on this obsession. Basically, Petra is an amazing old city carved out of a massive rock. I need to travel there someday. Need.



4) I'm an Alien?

  Not the kind of outerspace alien from Mars or Venus or whatever, but an Earthern alien. As I'm an Australian citizen living in Thailand, technically speaking I'm an alien. (Look it up on google. It's a thing)

5) Sticky Notes are Life

  I have a slight obsession with sticky notes. Just a slight one, I assure you. There totally isn't several piles beside me, and I'm definitely not super specific about what colour and size they have to be. What a preposterous notion.

6) I'm Starting to Learn Arabic

  The language is so beautiful, and as I want to travel around the Middle East someday, it would be pretty handy to have a basic understanding of Arabic. Plus it gives me an excuse to use my calligraphy pens.


(Image not mine)
7) Most of My Stories Involve Wars

   Civil wars, wars between rival countries, war between families...you name a type of war and I've probably written it in one of my stories. I blame all the fantasy books I read.

8) I'm an TCK

   This means I'm a Third-Culture Kid. I've kind of forged a culture of my own, using parts from different countries' cultures. (In other words I'm a Westerner who can't stand to wear shoes inside)

9) My Favourite Animal is a Snow Leopard

   Snow leopards are just so majestic looking, and powerful. 



10) I Don't Have a Favourite Genre of Music

   You might have seen me mention this in a few posts before, but there's not one specific genre of music I always listen to, and I don't think any are more 'real' than the others. Violin instrumental, pop, rap, rock...I love it all.

   I hope you enjoyed learning a few new things about me!

Do you have a favourite colour/animal? Where in the world do want to travel to more than anywhere else? When did you start writing?
Let me know in the comments; I always love hearing from you guys! <3

Comments

  1. Your calligraphy are beautiful. Wow you are really unique :D btw, I just finish reading book by Thailand Author, Rompaeng entitled You are my moon. Have you read those?
    I started writing since 5th grade too by writing diary then short story during junior high school but I stop writing stories during high school. My fav color are pink and blue. I love cat and rabbit. I want to go to Mecca and Japan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hana! :) It's actually not my calligraphy (I'm totally not up to the standard of the person who took that photo yet). No, I haven't read that book but I'll totally look out for it! Mecca and Japan sound like great places to visit too, and those are lovely colours. :D Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Yes! Drawing a map is always the first step in my writing process too! My favourite colour right now is green, although I do go through phases in my life. At one stage I was obsessed with pink!
    Ellie

    www.thiscountrygirlsjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maps are so much fun to draw, especially detailed ones! Ooh I like green; it's a very relaxing colour. Haha yeah I definitely had a stage where pink and purple were 'the' best colours ever. XD Thank you for dropping by Ellie! :D

      Delete
  3. I used to draw maps as a child too! They usually had fountains in the middle...do not ask me why. Child me is an enigma. My favourite colours are black, and purple, and silver. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygoodness I always had fountains in mine too! And of course, a very square park and police station and fire station...and about three houses. XD Ooh that's a nice colour combination. Thanks for commenting Rain! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh Arabic is beautiful and it's amazing you're learning it! I think anyone who knows multiple languages is genius basically because I struggle with English and it's all I have.😂 Ahem. I looooved all your facts! It's always intensely awesome getting to know more about other bloggers. :D And ohhh I drew maps too as a kid! I used to copy out atlases for fun. *hi fives* WE NERDS ARE WINNING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! <3 I'm not super good at learning languages, which is why I'm desperately trying to learn another one. XD Yesss nerds unite! Maps are sooo awesome. *hi fives back* Thanks so much for commenting! XD

      Delete
  5. Happy 50th post, love! Here's to 50 lovely more *clinks glass*
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ARABIC. That's so cool, wow. I'm teaching myself Welsh, but I don't have to learn a whole other alphabet to do that.
    STICKY NOTESSSSSSS. And I've never heard of Petra, but it sounds SO AMAZING. I'd love to travel to NZ to see the hobbit holes <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *clinks glass* Thanks Ellie! I hope to be around here a long time. <3
      Welsh is so cool too. XD I have a Welsh friend, and once she asked me to pronounce a Welsh road name that had zero vowels in it...I failed dramatically and it was hilarious! Good luck with it! Petra is sooo amazing, as is NZ. NZ's scenery is just spectacular, especially with hobbit holes. ;) Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  6. I just recently got into drawing maps whenever I'm writing a story, it's such a fun to do. Also, it helps me to view the whole country and see what city is next to which. :)
    Arabic is beautiful language. My friend studies it on uni and I've heard her talking and it was just amazing. And your calligraphy is just beautiful!!!! :)
    I also don't have favorite color! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maps definitely help me visualize my story worlds too. :) It's especially useful if your characters travel a lot. Yes, Arabic is gorgeous. The calligraphy they do is spectacular. (Whoops I probably should have put that it wasn't my calligraphy. Some gracious person on the internet let me use the picture). Thanks for reading and commenting Simona! <3

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the 50th post! That's amazing :)
    I totally get what you mean with the colour thing though. I have a few colours that I really like (bright pink, turquoise, mint green, purple and blue), but I honestly couldn't choose a favourite. It tends to change with my hair colour! :)
    And good luck learning Arabic! That sound exciting! I'd love to be able to speak/write in another language, but I'm afraid all I have is some basic German I learnt at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! <3 I love mint green too, and all those other colours. Practically all colours are pretty in my eyes. Learning to speak another language certainly is a big commitment, but it's also pretty fun. :D German's cool! Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on 50 posts!

    So you have favorite animal, but not a favorite color or musical genre? Lol I'm the opposite. My favorite animal has continually changed, but I basically feel the same way you do about colors. But I DEFINITELY have a favorite color. My love for the color red is almost an obsession at this point, haha. And my favorite genre is alt rock. I listen to others too, but that's the one I can always listen to and enjoy, regardless of my mood or anything.

    Wow, that's so cool that you're learning Arabic! It look so pretty, but also so difficult.

    Btw, I'm American, and I also hate wearing shoes inside. Like, if I'm just walking in to grab something and going back out, I don't have any rule about taking my shoes off, but I've always found it so weird going to other people's houses and having to keep my shoes on just to hang out. Then again, I just hate wearing shoes period lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! :D I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like wearing shoes inside, especially if it's carpet. I just think it gets the floor really dirty. XD Haha that's funny that we're the opposite. I do love alt rock too. Red certainly is a big, bold, and beautiful colour. Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  9. (I saw the word "Petra" and immediately thought of the 80s Christian rock band and I was really confused... good job reading the context, Maggie :P)

    Anyway, it was really cool to get to learn about you a little bit this week! I took loved to draw maps as a kid, though I doubt they were nearly as detailed as yours. And it's awesome that you're learning Arabic! It's such a beautiful-looking language.

    Congrats on 50 posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I enjoyed sharing about myself. Haha that must have been confusing for awhile. XD I usually go overboard with detail in my maps...like who cares about where the door is when the building is one that's never in the story? Arabic is gorgeous. :) Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete
  10. Great job! Keep up the awesome work! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts