The Writer's Tag (And An Announcement!)

    Hello everyone! Guess what? I'm finally on holidays! (And no, that's not my announcement, though it is pretty awesome as well.) Not only does this mean that I have more time to write posts for you all, but I can also devour books and write, write, write. 

    Which brings us to today's post! I was tagged for the Writer's Tag by Andrea @ A Surge of Thunder agessss ago. Thanks for the tag Andrea, and apologies that I'm so late! (Go check out her blog, it's wonderful!)

    Let's get into it!



1. What genres, styles, and topics do you write about?

    If you've been around on the blog, you know that I LOVE fantasy. I have so much fun creating whole new worlds, and the cultures, history, and people within them. As for topics, I like writing characters who are far from perfect, but keep trying to do the right thing. My stories are full of raw emotions and show the brutal, disastrous side of war; it's not glorious for everyone. 

    And finally, I like writing cracks of light into a world shrouded in shadow.

2. How long have you been writing?

    I've been "seriously" writing for about 4 and a half years now. That was when I actually had the thought that "I want to be a writer". It's been a blast ever since! (Mostly, that is.)



3. Why do you write?

   Wow, this is a difficult question to answer! I originally started because my massive imagination created scenarios that I wanted to explore. I was always an avid reader, so being able to create my own stories, own books? The idea blew my little mind! Ever since I've loved exploring new worlds and going on journeys with my characters, all of whom become dear friends.

   I believe writing is what I want to do with my life--it's in my mind, it's my passion, it throbs with each beat of my heart--so I keep at it, no matter what.

4. When is the best time to write?

    I write best in the afternoons on weekdays (not that I have much of a choice with school), but on holidays I can knock out a lot of words in the morning/early evening. I'm definitely not a late night writer, however!

5. What parts of writing do you love and hate?

    World-building, first drafting, and some parts of editing are my favourite. Yes, I did say editing. *gasp* While there are aspects of editing I dislike, it gives me a thrill to see my manuscript improve after each revision. Line edits, though, are not my favourite. They can be very tedious.


I'm not sure why, but I really like this picture? I think it's because I'm jealous of whoever has this typewriter.
6. How do you overcome writer's block?

    I don't get writer's block, per se, just times when I don't feel up to writing or uninspired. When that happens, I often switch to another project and read through its chapters to convince myself not everything I write is horrible. If that doesn't work, I watch a movie and/or go on a reading frenzy!

7. Are you working on something at the moment?

   Aren't I always?

   Yes, I am. As I've mentioned in posts before, I'm editing Golden Revenge, and am up to rewriting the last fifth of it or so. Bring on the climax!

8. What are your writing goals this year?

   They are: finish the 2nd round of editing for Golden Revenge, finish the first draft of Splintered Crown, and write at least 3 more short stories. And as for Camp NaNo (which starts right now for me!) I want to do at least 50 hours of work on Golden Revenge.

    That brings me to the end of the tag! Today I'm going to tag EVERYONE; if you want to do it, do it! Now for the announcement...

    *drumroll*

    You might remember I wrote a post about #RebelliousWriting a few weeks ago. And now, Rebellious Writing is getting its own website very soon! I'm also co-heading its Twitter account, so if you're interested, pop by and say hello!




What are your writing goals for this year? What are you working on? (I hope it's going great!) What's your favourite genre to write? Are you doing Camp NaNo???
Let me know in the comments, and have a fabulous day! <3

Comments

  1. Aaahh I love the topics you mentioned you write about! I love it when authors really dig deep with the emotions in their stories <3

    Camp nano... *facepalm* I'm only doing 30 hours of editing, but this will be a busy month for me, so we'll see if I can make that goal :P

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! I love reading stories filled with emotion, so it figures that it shows up in my own writing. XD Oh wow, that's a lot if you're going to be busy! I'm sure you'll conquer it like a boss, though. ;) Thanks so much for commenting, and good luck with your writing! <3

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for the website! And thanks for helping out with the twitter page, we couldn't have done it with out you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I have a feeling it will be excellent. XD Aww thanks Gray, but we couldn't have done any of this without you! <3

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about writer's block! I'm glad I'm not alone. XD I'm writing a whole post about that. I'm not doing Camp NaNo this year because my schedule is insane this July. XD But I did do it in April! Happy Writing!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely not alone! Mostly I have ideas of what to write, but simply have no motivation to do so. XD Oh great, I'll look forward to it! Thanks Victoria! :) Good luck with your writing nonetheless, and thank you for commenting! :D

      Delete
  4. I love characters like that, and fantasy is awesome! :D Haha, I think I still write because my mind just keep spitting out massive scenarios I can't resist. :p Exploring the story though, for me, is half the fun of writing. :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fantasy is amazing! :D Haha it feels like that with me too sometimes. XD I agree with you, and wouldn't have it any other way. No problem! :) Thanks so much for commenting Alexa!

      Delete
  5. I can't write at night either, I fall asleep on the keyboard. Mornings post coffee or tea are the best. Good luck with Camp Nano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm the same! I always find it hard to focus so late. XD Thanks so much for your encouragement and commenting Skye! :)

      Delete
  6. Writing goals for this year? Uff. So many! I think my main one is to write two novels. I've already written one, so only one more for NaNo!

    And our Camp NaNo goals are similar, but you're going the extra mile with yours. I'm only doing 45 hours of editing. You got this! I hope NaNo is awesome for you. <3

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's a big goal! (For me at least, haha. I'm a verrry slow writer.) *cheers and dances with pom-poms* You can do it!

      Our goals are still very close! I'm trying to stretch myself this month as I really want to try and finish the rewrite portion of my book. Thanks so much for your encouragement and for dropping by, Katie! <3

      Delete
  7. I feel the same about writers' block. (Actually, that's probably the main reason I've never finished a book?? because when I feel uninspired I shift onto a different story. I'm hoping this camp's project will be the one I finish, though!)

    It was interesting learning more about you as a writer! :)
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! XD I feel you on switching to a different story! I think it's healthy to go from project to project, but it's important to come back eventually. :) I'm sure this will be the one Jem! Go for it! Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts