Saturday, 3 June 2017

The Sunshine Blogger Tag

    Who doesn't like a little sunshine? Considering Australia's just entered winter, I would LOVE some sun right now. (It's freezing for a girl that's grown up near the equator!) Anyway, my point is I'm fond of sunshine at the moment, so it seemed perfect to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Tag. Jem Jones tagged me over at her blog, so thanks Jem!

    Here are the rules:
#1: Answer the 11 questions from your nominee
#2: Tag 11 bloggers
#3: Ask them 11 new questions

   Let's get to it, shall we?



1) Is there a story you've always wanted to write, but haven't yet?

    I've always loved the idea of writing a story about a group of high-schoolers that are hiking on Leap Year's Day (when two worlds meet), and end up being kidnapped by the inhabitants of the other world. Magic is disappearing on the other world, so they take 'Earthens' every four years and use Earth's knowledge to rebuild their countries instead of relying on magic. Something like that!

    I haven't worked out the details yet, and the plot's still a bit fuzzy in my mind, but I might write it one day just for fun!

2) What tv show/movie have you binge-watched the worst?

    *consults Netflix account* I watched a lotttttt of Continuum's first season during my last holiday, so much so that I'm not sure if I did anything else...?

3) You know those innocent little mistakes we make that are so. embarrassing. they keep you up at night. five years later. Those. Tell me about one of them? 

    Those are the kinds of mistakes I like to erase from my memory. I can think of plenty of embarrassing moments, but none that came from innocent little ones. Hmmmm... I mean, I nearly got knocked unconscious by a fruit falling from a tree I was under. (It was a heavy fruit from a tall tree, okay?) That's the most embarrassing yet funny moment of my life. 


4) What's your biggest NOTP?

    Dorian and Celaena from Throne of Glass. Lots of readers want them together, but their relationship never felt true or comfortable to me. (Plus, I really want her with someone else...)

5) Would you rather be attacked by one horse-sized duck or a hundred duck-sized horses? 

    One horse-sized duck, because I feel like it would be far easier to escape one than a hundred? Though the thought of a duck that big is a tad disconcerting...

6) Is there a song you've been listening to on repeat?

    I always have a favourite song on repeat for a day, then it changes by the next day, then the next, etc. The latest though is probably 'Dream For You' by Casting Crowns. I love their lyrics so much!


7) Who is the first person that pops into your head when you think "weird"?

    No one pops into my head...? I find things people do weird, but not people themselves. 

8) What's your biggest pet peeve?

   When people unplug the hairdryer but don't switch it off, so when you plug it in you get a heart attack by it starting by itself. I find this really really REALLY annoying. Please never do that.

9) Oxford comma or no?

   I don't have a side in this debate, actually. For me it depends on the sentence and whether that extra comma makes it flow or not.


10) If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be?

   I'm very happy with my name! (Especially my last name, though if you pronounce it Grav-it-tis and not Grav-vee-tis out loud I might glare at you. It's not pronounced how it's spelled weirdly enough.) I'd choose not to change it. Is that an option?

11) Why did you start a blog?

   Two reasons! The first of which was that I started reading writing and book blogs, and I really loved the idea of sharing my thoughts and writing journey. The second was that I wanted to connect with other writers and readers. (Like all you lovely people!)

   I think lots of people have already done this tag so I'll be a rebel and tag as many as I can. 

Rachel @ R's Loft
Audrey @ Audrey Caylin
Christine @ Musings of an Elf
Jeneca @ Jeneca Writes
Victoria @ Wanderer's Pen
Catherine @ The Rebelling Muse

    If I tagged you and you've already done it, no worries! And if I didn't and you'd like to, then go for it and let me know! I'd love to read your answers. 

Here are my 11 questions:

#1 - Did anything 'spark' your passion (writing, reading, art, etc.) or did it come on gradually?
#2 - If a library was on fire and you could only save three of its books, which three would you choose?
#3 - Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or another drink?
#4 - One of your characters can come alive for a day. Who do you want it to be?
#5 - How many siblings do you have?
#6 - Do you have a motto? (If you do, share it, if you don't, make one up!)
#7 - What's the strangest dream you've ever had?
#8 - Have you ever traveled out of your country, and if yes, where to?
#9 - If you wished on a shooting star, what would you wish for?
#10 - Would you rather go swimming in Antarctica or camping in the Sahara Desert?
#11 - How did you come up with your blog's name?


Is there a story you've always wanted to write but haven't yet? What are some of your answers to my questions? Are you in winter like me, or are you enjoying summer rays?
Let me know in the comments, and have a fabulous day! <3

22 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, being knocked out by falling fruit sounds like something straight out of a cartoon! Makes a great story though lol. But yikes, I think a giant duck sounds scarier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it does sound like it, doesn't it? I suppose cartoons have to get their inspiration from somewhere though. XD I'm hoping it's a friendly duck! Thanks for commenting, Kristen! :)

      Delete
  2. I was tagged for this too and I'm really excited! This seems like a great tag :)

    Hmm... for me I am really into Oxford commas. I don't know, I just feel like it's really important to me and always make a point to use it!

    Your idea seems reaaaaallly fun to write. I love the idea of Leap Days/Years in general.

    OMG And I just needed to point out I was in Australia for a few hours?! I went to New Zealand for around eight days but did a stopover in Cairns. WE WERE IN THE SAME COUNTRY. HOW AWESOME. I'll be going to Australia for real on October, though!

    - andrea at a surge of thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll look forward to seeing what kind of questions you get to answer! XD

      Well, each to their own! I was taught at school that using the Oxford Comma was the American way, so if you weren't planning to study there you could use whichever you wanted. I don't think that's right at all haha, but oh well! :D

      Aw thank you! I just need to find a way to not rip off every portal/going to other worlds book ever now...

      Oh that's so cool! I'm not super close to Cairns but still! Where will you being in Aus in October? It would be really awesome if we were in the same city! XD Thanks so much for commenting Andrea!

      Delete
    2. Hmm, I never knew that! We were never specifically taught to use the comma, even in English class now that I think about it. It was just... there, and I discovered it had a name when I started writing!

      I'm pretty sure your story will be great! I haven't read a lot of portal books, but one that strikes out to me is Chris Colfer's Land of Stories. Your story has a great hook to it though, so don't worry :)

      I'll be going to Melbourne! I'm really pumped to visit.

      - andrea at a surge of thunder

      Delete
    3. That's interesting! I'm not sure if it's a regional/country-by-country thing or not. XD

      Oooh I really like the Land of Stories! It was a great book! (Though I haven't read its sequels yet). Aw thanks!

      Awesome! I don't live in Melbourne (somewhere in the expanse of Sydney) but I hope you have a fantastic time! <3

      Delete
  3. I'll have to do this sometime! I have a long list!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should; I'd love to see what your answers are! XD Thanks for commenting Gray!

      Delete
  4. I love this tag! I think I've been tagged for it a few times already, but I'll definitely mix some of your questions in for a very interesting tag ;)

    There IS one story I've wanted to write forever but haven't. It was inspired by the poem "Footprints in the Sand" about a year ago and I'm dying to write it one day.

    <3
    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! You can pick whichever questions of mine you'd like to do! :) Oooh that poem is so lovely and inspirational! Anything based off of that is sure to be great. XD Thanks so much for commenting Audrey!

      Delete
  5. I understand your longing for some sunshine! Winter seems to have arrived here, hasn't it?! It was great to read your answers to the tag too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has! I suspect my house's heaters will be turned up all the way soon. XD Thanks so much for commenting Jessica! :)

      Delete
  6. It's winter here in South Africa as well, and I'm really missing summer :( But I loved this post! Oxford comma debates...I would agree with you. Kind of unnecessary. And by the way- I absolutely love your plot idea. Wow. I wanna see that happen, and see that book published!

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm missing summer too! :( I hope it comes back soon haha. Aw thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D And eeekkkk you like the idea! It always warms my heart when someone tells me that. Thanks for your support and for commenting Tane Hannah! <3

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the tag, Melissa! About the fruit that nearly knocked you unconsciouss, because now I'm curious... do you remember the kind of fruit it was? XD

    I totally get your pet peeve. It's the same with as when someone doesn't turn off the shower head and you go to turn the bathtub handle and get a little shock dousing in water. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers. XD Haha I believe it was a santol (when translated from Thai to English), and the tree was a couple hundred years old, so needless to say it fell from quite a height!

      I'm glad I'm not the only one with my kind of pet peeve! Ugh that's so annoying. XP Thanks so much for commenting Jeneca! :D

      Delete
  8. Thank you for tagging me! Hey that fruit sounded genuinely scary. XD Also yes I hate it when people leave on loud stuff then when you plug it in it makes noise like hairdryers and vacuums. The vacuum really peeves me. Also that leap year story sounds super cool!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Victoria! :D It was pretty scary haha, and painful! XD The noise really annoys me too, especially as most of the time it scares the wits out of me. Is it so hard to turn things off??? :) Aw thank you, I'm glad you like the sound of it! Thanks so much for commenting Victoria! XD

      Delete
  9. Great post! I never use the hairdryer but I can imagine how annoying that would be :P haha

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com
    P.S. I'm a horrible replier and I just replied to your comment on my blog. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! It is *very* annoying. XD No worries about the late reply, I'm happy that you dropped by! Thank you for commenting! :D

      Delete
  10. I'm even later, haha... But I hope you enjoyed the questions!

    I would definitely rather go camping in the Sahara because swimming in Antarctica would be death. DEATH. (I don't think that's over-exaggerating??) And winter definitely came on time this year - it was 1.5 degrees here this morning... send us [virtual??] warmth and sunshine, all you people blogging happily about summer!!

    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's fine, really! Yes I did, thanks! XD

      Unless you had a special dry suit or something then yes, I do believe you would probably die. Let's hope those who answer my questions think about that! :D Wow, it hasn't been that cold in my city (about 4 is our lowest at night) but here: *throws virtual warmth and gifts of heaters* Thanks so much for tagging me and commenting! :)

      Delete