Here are the Bookish Book Lover Tag rules:
#1- Use the banner.
#2- Answer the questions.
#3- Use lots of book covers.
#4- Tag your bookish friends!
1) What book(s) are you currently reading?
At present, I'm almost finished with Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven. I love the quick and simple style that the scenes are organised in, and seeing it done so successfully has given me some hope for my own similar style.
2) What the last book you finished?
Technically, the last book I read was Magic Study by Maria V Snyder (absolutely amazing by the way), but I also finished re-reading the play Othello by Shakespeare last week, so that was my latest full read. (If you like intelligent villains, I highly recommend the play.)
3) Favourite book you read this year?
Goodness, this is hard. I've had such a run of awesome books this year, but the best is a tie between Magic Study and Gemina.
4) What genre have you read most this year?
Fantasy. No surprises there!
5) What genre have you read least this year?
Contemporary, though I am reading one right now. It's nice to take a break from my fantasy pattern, but honestly, I don't think I'll make them top priority on my TBR.
6) What genre do you want to read more of?
I'd love to see more re-tellings of obscure folk or fairy tales.
7) How many books have you read this year, and what's your goal?
*sheepish smile* So, with the move and school and everything, I've only read about six books this year. I'm trying to read one book every two weeks now though, so the numbers should improve (unless I get a billion essays to write again).
8) What's the last book you bought?
Holding Up the Universe, as I'll be going to a talk and signing by Jennifer Niven on Friday!
9) What book are you saving up to buy next?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas.
10) How many books did you check out last library visit?
I believe it was four. I couldn't fit any more in my bag!
11) What's a book you can't wait to read?
I'm eagerly awaiting my opportunity to read Obsidio (which comes out in a couple of centuries, it seems).
12) What's a series you'd recommend to everyone?
Probably the Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. Sooooo good!
13) Who's an author you're hoping writes more?
*points to last question's author*
14) A few books your heart adores?
ALL OF THEM!!! (Okay, I don't adore all books, but the following are a few I love to love): Birthmarked by Caragh M O'Brien, Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas, Enna Burning by Shannon Hale, and Captives by Jill Williamson.
15) What series' coming conclusion makes you sad?
I do but don't want the Throne of Glass series to end. So many mixed feelings!
16) What books are on your wish list?
There are tons, but a few are: the Angel Eyes Trilogy by Shannon Dittemore, the Lost Girl of Astor Street by Stephanie Morrill, and the Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye.
And now, I tag... *drumroll*
and anyone else who'd like to do it!
Thanks for reading today's post; I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about my reading life! What books does your heart adore? What's the last book you bought? Most read genre?
I'd love to read your answers in the comments! Have a wonderful day! <3