The Character Karaoke Tag!

    The wonderful Ellie @ On the Other Side of Reality tagged me for the Character Karaoke Tag, which a mix of talking about music and your WIP! I always love giving characters theme songs, and since I'm in the midst of NaNo, I'll be sharing about Safe-House again. (Let's be honest here: my mind can't juggle two stories in November. It's literally impossible).

    To the tag!



What song best describes the mood of your novel?


    The lyrics fit Safe-House super well. There are dark moments where the characters feel like: 

I had a one-way ticket to a place where all the demons go
Where the wind don't change
And nothing in the ground can ever grow
No hope, just lies
And you're taught to cry into your pillow


    But at the end of the day:

I'm still breathing
I'm alive

    That is, except for the dead characters...

Pick a character and a song to describe them.


    Ash's optimistic perspective basically embodies this song. He has a love for thrill and adrenaline:

There's a moment
In your bones when
When the fire takes over
Blood is running
Heart is pumping
As the battle gets closer


    And he believes he can do anything:

Keeping us down is impossible
Cause we're unstoppable


One of your characters is at a karaoke night when-gasp! They've been chosen to get up and sing! What song do they choose and how do they perform it?


    Mercy would knock this out, perhaps not with the best vocals ever heard, but with a lot of aggressive passion. She would really connect to this song on a personal level from being in a past relationship with someone who was a lot of 'trouble.'

    Also, in the music video (which wouldn't let me put it in this post) several of the lines said in the beginning are very true for Mercy as well, like:

I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him.
It was losing me.

Go-to song for writing battle scenes?


    Though the song starts off a little slow, there is a build-up I love which rolls into an awesome explosion of music. Always great for those epic battle scenes.


   I tag...
And anyone else who wants to join in!

What kind of music do you listen to while you write (or are you a writer who likes silence?) What song defines one of your characters?
Let me know in the comments; I love hearing from you! <3

Comments

  1. I love to listen to music while I'm writing. Soundtracks and pop music are probably my favorites.
    Thanks for the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! XD I love to listen to music as well when I write! Pop music is great for writing all kind of scenes, from bubbly dialogue to sad monologues. Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Oohh this is a neat tag! I tend to write in silence, but I enjoy editing with film scores and instrumental in the background...? Thank you for that tag, Melissa. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! XD I'm glad you like the tag. That's interesting; maybe you need either music or silence for different stages of the writing process? That's really cool. Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts