Saturday, 26 November 2016

Am Currently... #5

    Welcome back to another Am Currently! November has been such a crazy month, with NaNoWriMo, moving preparation, and a build-up of tests and exams. I haven't been as productive as I would like to be, but I've managed to sneak in some reading and writing.


    I finished 'Pride and Prejudice' a few weeks ago! I absolutely loved it and I swear I was silently laughing throughout the whole thing. The humour is so great, and I have such respect for Jane Austen's writing skills now. 

    My current read is 'Riders' by Veronica Rossi. It's going pretty well, and the POV has a distinct voice which adds some excitement, as does the unconventional start of the book. I'm hoping it finishes on a high!


    Sooo...NaNo. Currently I am 20,788 words into the first draft of Safe-House, which is far behind the 50K most people have already or are going to reach. My plan for this month wasn't to reach the 50K though; it was 15K. I knew the ridiculously busy month I was going to have, and while I'm happy I reached that goal, I can't help feeling a little disappointed I haven't gotten more done. 


   I always enjoy listening to Casting Crowns, especially 'Broken Together' and 'Dream for You'. Their lyrics are beautiful. Since Christmas is approaching I've also pulled out Pentatonix's wonderful Christmas song covers again to get me into the mood.


    Very, very tired. I have a huge dance performance on Thursday, and so from Monday to Friday we had after-school rehearsals until five. This, combined with teachers deciding it would be a great time for last minute projects, was the major force that prevented me from churning out more words for NaNo. Life seems to be getting the better of me for the moment, which is why I have an announcement to make.

    I'll be shifting my blogging schedule. I want to get the best content possible out to you guys, so now I'll be aiming to blog once a week on Saturdays, which means no more Wednesday posts, until I feel like I can get the best quality ones out. Right now I'm struggling to keep up with everything.


How are you? Is life getting the better of you as well, or are you soaring? (I hope you are!) Read any amazing books I just have to read?
Thank you for all the support on my blog! Have a great week <3

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked Pride and Prejudice! It's one of my favourites, and I love how the humour still works today!
    And congrats on writing 20K of your draft! That's great progress when you've been really busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is one of my favourites as well, because the humour matches my own perfectly. It's so cool to connect with a book written so long ago! Thank you Laura. :) Some progress is better than no progress, isn't it? Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your NaNo successes! Keep up the good work <3
    I'm reading Behemoth by Scott Westerfield at the moment :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! <3 I hope you enjoy your book! I haven't picked up the Leviathan series yet, but I hope to soon. :) Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hurray for NaNo progress! November has been a whirlwind for me, too. I've had so many last minute projects... now that NaNo's over I have to switch directions and focus on a 4-5 page paper and another essay and a presentation.
    Nearly Christmas though. *sigh* I have a book suggestion: Resist by Emily Ann Putzke. It tells the story of the White Rose movement in WWII and gah, it's amazing!
    What kind of dance is it that you do?
    Jeneca Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yeah teachers love essays and projects this time of year, don't they? Good luck with your projects! Oooh that sounds like a good book! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. XD
      I do contemporary dance in my high school dance class. We actually had our big performance today, which was 30 minutes of non-stop dancing! I'm not the best dancer ever, but it's another creative outlet I really enjoy!
      Thanks so much for commenting! <3

      Delete