Purposeful Pages: September Edition

     Hello everyone! It feels like ages since I've blogged, for as you might have noticed, a post didn't go up on Saturday. I'm super sorry about that, but I was really sick and am currently recovering. Anyway, I'm joining the Purposeful Pages Link-Up for the first time today (yay!), so let's get straight into it!

     Purposeful Pages is a monthly link-up designed to unite bloggers on answering questions about life, blogging, the Bible, writing and books. Hannah and Amanda are its wonderful hosts.

     To the questions!



1) How have you been growing spiritually this month? What has God been teaching you?

     I've been going through a lot of internal struggles over these past few months, which is always tough. But it has made me try and strive for a deeper and more personal relationship with God. Throughout it all he's been telling me that I can trust him.

2) When you're under stress, what actions do you take that help calm you and keep you sane?

     Music always helps, as well as some alone time watching Youtube/TV shows/reading. Praying and writing keep me sane.


3) Who are some people that inspire you, and in what ways do they do that?

     Instead of specific people, I'm going to go ahead and talk about a group of people; those who stand up for others. Whether it be through words, or art, or actions, these brave people never fail to inspire me with their strength and passion.

4) Have you learned any tricks this past month that have helped you in your blogging journey?

     Oh, you mean like not writing the post the day before it's supposed to go up, or on that day? (This may or may not be happening while I'm writing this) I swear I will try to write posts ahead of time in the future, as this seems to make my life less rushed.


5) What is it about a book that makes you keep on reading? If you're a writer, how can you incorporate that into your own books?

     I have to be sold on the characters and an intriguing premise in order to be hooked by a story. Hopefully I can achieve these things in my own stories through developing my own characters (read: I need to do this more).

6) What's a book cover that describes your life right now, and why?

     Because everything is going on at the moment:


7) Do you have a song in mind that you'd consider your current theme song?

     I mean, if there was a song called: "I'm so tirrreeeddd" I think it would play every time I woke up. Me + mornings = not good friends

8) If you're a writer, how do you see yourself incorporated (most of the time unknowingly) inside your story?

     Most of the characters have my humour, and a lot of the problems they deal with mirror my own. This is especially true in a recent novel of mine, Golden Revenge, where the core of Mida's conflict is almost identical to one I'm currently experiencing.

No, I don't have the touch of gold; I'm talking about her internal conflict
9) How have you seen aspects of God's character through other people recently?

     The leaders at my youth group are a true blessing. They encourage me every week, and never fail to listen to my struggles and pray for me.

10) How long, on average, does it take you to put together a blog post? Are you the morning person working at 5am, the afternoon blogger, or the night owl up until midnight trying to throw things together?

     It usually takes me around an hour, maybe slightly longer if I need to create a graphic. I'm the evening blogger, who frantically types before the exhaustion of the day threatens to close my eyes.

Do you have any theme songs that match your life right now? Does your writing ever reflect problems you're experiencing? Let me know in the comments, and remember you're all amazing! <3

Comments

  1. Yay for joining up with Purposeful Pages! I hope to write my post this afternoon, so I guess I'll be writing my post on the day of as well. *blushes*
    My writing reflects the problems I'm experiencing in that my MC is basically my personality taken to the extreme (further than I'd ever go) of worrying, lacking self confidence, and pleasing people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for introducing me to it, Jeneca! It's an awesome link-up. Haha don't worry, that was just my sense of humour having a go at my own procrastination (I seriously write every post down to the wire). Writing that reflects our problems can help us with them too. :) Thanks so much for commenting! XD

      Delete
  2. Do I have a song that fits my life? Why yes! It's Permanent Vacation by 5sos. "Frustration // Desperation // You say you need some kind of medication // Situation no motivation // Destination permanent vacation"
    My writing doesn't really get affected by my personal problems, as I try very, very hard to keep them separate. Except for one particular story I'm writing, which includes a lot of my own personal problems. But that's on purpose, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need a permanent vacation too with all the schoolwork I'm getting! XD I can get why you'd want to keep your personal problems away from your writing most of them time--it's scary--but it does help me think through mine immensely. Thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Purposeful Pages before, but now I'm intrigued! I'm definitely gonna check it out in more detail...
    As for a song that reflects my life right now, I'm not really sure off the top of my head. I can say with confidence that my writing often reflects what's going on my life, though not always obviously.
    Thanks for sharing this post (and consequently introducing me to a new linkup)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw it's always awesome to share and chat with all of you. Purposeful Pages is an awesome link-up! I definitely recommend joining it if you can. :D I couldn't think of a song either so I kind of avoided the question in the post. XD Thanks so much for commenting, Maggie!

      Delete
    2. I have the questions for this month on my computer now, so I'm going to try to work on it when I can (probably between classes, homework, and other stuff, haha). Thanks for introducing me to it!

      Delete
    3. You're very welcome. <3 Great! I can't wait to see what your answers are. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts