My Top Ten YA Book Covers

    My bookshelf is my pride and joy. I am very particular about which book goes where, keep it clean, and squeal when I get to add a new one to my collection. There are so many gorgeous covers in YA, and today I thought I would share with you my top ten currently on my beloved bookshelf!

   (They're in no particular order. I find it so hard to have favourites)



1) Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


    The way the crown is a nod Russian architecture is just perfect for the story. I've yet to crack open the book and give it a read but it will happen very soon, I hope. The crisp whites and golds are just beautiful too.

2) Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir 



    Continuing with the gold theme, I have the very simple--but gorgeous--edition of this book. The little gold and red flecks against black really capture my attention and highlight the figures in the middle.

3) Defiance by C. J. Redwine



    The main character's (Rachel) fiery hair stands out against the more moody background, and her powerful stance matches her personality super well.

4) Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon


     This cover is so chaotic and wild, but somehow it works. The design has just enough business to relate to the title, but still leaves enough breathing room with the whites around it.

5) Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard



    The upside crown, spilling blood...I was immediately hooked before even reading the blurb. Again, it relates to the title and promises things to come-- royalty and spilled blood--and the book fulfills that promise.

6) Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page



    The font captured me more than anything else. 'Die' is so large, the colour is in your face, and the things associated with Dorothy from the movie being empty really set a haunting mood.

7) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo



    Whoever created this cover is a genius. The crow's feathers also form towers, but the towers could be the sky around the crow. The illusion messes with your mind, and I love that.

8) Dangerous by Shannon Hale



    Simplistic, but powerful. The symbol on the cover plays a huge part in the book, not to mention the starry background nudges your mind in the direction of the genre; sci-fi.

9) Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch



    A dress in a cage? There is so much meaning in this cover. Once I read the book everything about the cage made complete and perfect sense. The simplicity again impressed me. 

10) Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski


(sorry if the cover is blurry; it's hard to find photos of this edition)

    Despite the fact that this is my favourite series ever and I love all the covers in the trilogy, this cover especially draws me in. Kestrel's dress shows her feminine side but the sword really sets it off. 

What are your favourite YA book covers? Did you share any of mine, or do you have a very different list? Let me know in the comments, and happy reading! <3

Comments

  1. My favorite covers?? *runs away screaming* DON'T ASK THAT QUESTION I LOVE SO MANY COVERS I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START (a song by fall out boy. jk, not really, but that sentence was long enough to be a fob song title....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha even I had such a hard time picking these ones out, so I limited my options to what was on my shelf. XD That totally could be a Fall Out Boy song. Soon it will be their next hit, guaranteed. :D Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. EVERYTHING EVERYTHING IS AMAZING, AHHHH. Other favorites of mine include Made You Up by Francesca Zappia and The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeesss I love Everything Everything, both the story and the cover. Ooh I just looked up the two you mentioned. They're really lovely as well! Thanks so much for commenting Ellie! XD

      Delete
  3. All these covers were quite stand out. One cover I've been adoring over lately is Crown of Midnight. I love the read standing out on the white. It's snuck into a few of my Instagram photos lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes Crown of Midnight has really nice colours on the cover. I'm not suprised; it looks like it would be great in photos! Thank you so much for commenting Anna! <3

      Delete
  4. I must say I have a soft corner for A Ember in Ashes. I adore that cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful! It's so dramatic yet so simple. Thank you for commenting, Resh! XD

      Delete
  5. Holy cow I never even *noticed* the towers on Six of Crows until now, hahaha. Though in my defense, I haven't actually read it, so I probably haven't spent a whole lot of time looking at it. These are all so pretty though! And that's great that so many of these match to their stories so well. That's always fun, to see how the cover actually relates once you start reading.

    My favorite cover here is definitely An Ember in the Ashes. I'd never seen that version, but it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's fine; I didn't notice for a long time either! I always love it when I see how book covers reflect their stories, as it shows me that the creators really understand the book. Yes, An Ember in the Ashes is gorgeous. I may or may not have squealed out loud after spotting it... XD
      Thank you for dropping by Kristen! :D

      Delete
  6. I love all of the Winner's Trilogy covers (and this post just reminded me I need to finish this series!), but I have to admit that the Winner's Kiss is my favourite, just because that shade of green is absolutely gorgeous! It really pops and catches your eye, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green colour is just gorgeous! It's a shame, in my opinion, that not all editions have it, because it really stands out on a bookshelf. Thanks for commenting, Laura! XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts