Wednesday, 17 August 2016

The Six Question Character Challenge

   The amazing Jeneca@Jeniqua Writes tagged me in the Six Question Character Challenge, which, true to its name, challenges you to think and develop three characters from your WIP through six questions/prompts. Thanks for the tag, Jeneca! (Brianna started the whole thing here, and has some great advice on creating characters). 

    Now, if you've been hanging around my blog you'll know that I'm juggling editing one story and brainstorming another at the moment. I decided to focus this post on Draped in Deception, which you can find out more about here.

    So without further ado, lets get to the questions!



Lissaer Jianca a.k.a. Scarlett Kielglass

Contradiction: Lissaer is a technically skilled fighter, but vomits at the sight of blood. She considers herself weak as she doesn't meet her society's expectations, but is always the first person to pull herself back to her feet again.

Meyers-Briggs: ISFJ

How Would She Slay a Dragon?: She'd swallow the disgust she has for gore in her throat, and use every inch of her training to battle the dragon and come out with only a few burns and scratches. It's important to note that Lissaer would try as much as she could to not kill the dragon (she hates killing any animal or person to her core). She'd attempt to knock it unconscious and move on.
Lissaer undercover
(image found via pinterest)

Favourite Colour(s): Gold. It's the colour of the mountain city she calls home at sunset.

Her Darkest Secret: Spoilerss...

Where Does She See Herself in Ten Years?: If this was where she hopes to see herself in ten years, it would be owning a jewelry store. But she sees herself still chained to serving in the Beautian army by duty and obligations.






Eric Relen

Contradiction: As the second prince, he's supposed to be in charge of paperwork and administration, but Eric can't read. He's also an athlete in a sport that requires for you to be bare chested for safety reasons, but is extremely self-conscious.

Meyers-Briggs: ISFP

Favourite Colours(s): Green

His Darkest Secret: He's terrified that he'll never be enough. Never be useful as a prince, never be talented enough to grab his parents' attention, never be good enough for someone to love him.

How Would He Slay a Dragon?: With his treasured bow and arrow

Where Does He See Himself in Ten Years: Eric sees himself still trying to avoid duties involving reading and writing so his secret stays safe within his family, and still playing emberball (think football/soccer for Americans, except with burning balls).

Adam Xander


Adam, execept imagine without the pins
(Image found via pinterest)

Contradiction: Adam talks himself up, constantly complimenting himself, but inside he doesn't think anything good about himself. It's a shield.

Meyers-Briggs: ESTP

Favourite Colour(s): Brown

His Darkest Secret: More spoilers ;)

How Would He Slay a Dragon?: With large explosions and fancy inventions.

Where Does He See Himself in Ten Years: He doesn't know, and isn't sure he wants to. To quote him, "danger is my food". He likes living on the edge and for his life to be unpredictable and wild.

I now tag... *drumroll*




What is your Meyer-Briggs type? (I'm an INFJ!) Do you relate to any of these three characters in some way? Are you like me and build characters off of their deep secrets, or do you have another method? Let me know in the comments, and remember you're amazing! <3

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! This looks so amazing, gahhhh. I may not be able to get to it for a couple weeks since I'm participating in a writing camp, but I'll definitely do it!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're super welcome Ellie! I thought you might enjoy the tag. XD No worries, just do the tag as soon as you're able to. Thanks so much for commenting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks like fun! *files away for future reference when I don't have 800 other tags to do*

    I did enjoy reading about your characters, though! The contradictions were my favorite because at least personally, that's not something I typically think about. (Man, all your characters are just so interesting!)

    Also, my Myers-Briggs type is INTJ, though when I took it I was just *barely* over the line. So I think there's a little "Feeling" in me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie! I always have fun exploring character contradictions, because it really fleshes out their personalities. Ooh that's cool to know you're an INTJ. But maybe you're half INFJ as well? XD Thanks so much for commenting! :D

      Delete
  4. Lissaer is such an interesting name! How do you pronounce it? All your characters are so interesting. They all sound very intriguing and well developed. I can't wait to one day read your works!

    (Have I told you how much I adore your book title? No? I do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! :) I pronounce Lissaer as "Liz-air". I'm so glad you find my charries interesting ! (They're my beloved 'children.') And I hope one day you'll be able to read my works too. XD Thank you so much for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Your characters sound so interesting! I'm most intrigued by Eric. I think I would like him.

    I'm an INFJ too!!! (There aren't very many of us, we need to stick together lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen! I hope you'd like Eric. :) He's a real sweetheart, if a tad socially awkward one at that. Yes, we INFJs definitely need to stick together! Thanks for dropping by and commenting! XD

      Delete
  6. Ooh, these are awesome questions! I really love questions that make me think about my characters and develop them more. Although I'm sooo anti-slaying-dragons. WHY CAN'T WE ALL BE FRIENDS.😂 Hehe.
    I'm an INTJ! So we're kind of close right?! Except I'm, like the evil villain of ever story *sighs dramatically* Oh the trials I live in. I've never actually gone through and discovered my characters' personality types though...I need to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes maybe we should start being friends with dragons and then we wouldn't have to worry about slaying them. XD
      Cool! I know quite a few INTJs and can't say I've ever met any evil villains like they make you out to be in the stories. :) I'm not sure why most of them seem to be INTJs. Strange.
      Thanks so much for commenting, Cait! :D

      Delete
  7. I'm an INFJ/ISFJ, so Lissaer and I would share a type! (my N/S flops back and forth, I guess since no one person can be shut in a box;) )
    Emberball sounds really cool, too! Although painfull...
    Sorry it took me so long to read your post! I was traveling, and I think I read part of it on the plane at one point, but I must have been half asleep at the time. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no person can be shut in a box. XD That's awesome that you share a personality type with both Lissaer and me. If I ever have any questions on how an ISFJ reacts in certain situations I'll definitely ask you.
      Haha yes emberball is painful (thankfully they wear a certain type of oil that doesn't burn for protection).
      No worries! I get how tiring travelling is. Thank you for commenting, Jeneca! :D

      Delete