Songs of the Deep: "Scars to Your Beautiful"


I have this problem where once I listen to a song, I listen to it again. And again. 

And again, until I am mouthing the lyrics non-stop, and most likely pretending I know how to dance. This strange problem was inflicted once more on me when I listened to "Scars to Your Beautiful". It took me a few listens to really get into, but when I did...the dance moves were broken out.



Song Title: 'Scars to Your Beautiful'
Singer(s): Alessia Cara

How I Discovered this Song: I was browsing the recommended videos on Youtube for some new songs, and bam. There it was. The title intrigued me, so I clicked on it.

What I Love About It: The message, and the way Alessia Cara’s voice just slides through the lyrics like butter.

Emotional Connection: This is another positive message song, and I feel the meaning of it is so important. So often we find ourselves hating the way we look and then get lost in all the negativity, without realizing we don’t have to be perfect. The message that we don’t need to hurt ourselves to become what the media has deemed ‘beautiful’ is an important one.

Favourite Lyrics: 

There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark. You should know you're beautiful just the way you are, and you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart.

These lines tie in with what I said above. Every time they’re sung, they just draw me in.

Best Listened to When: You don’t feel confident in yourself or the way you look.

Have you heard this song before? Do you think 'the world could change its heart'? Let me know in the comments; I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Comments

  1. ALESSIA CARA IS MY FAVE I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER <3 My favorite song from Know it all is I'm Yours, though, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alessia Cara is amazing! I've yet to listen much to her other songs, but I definitely will now. Thanks for reading and commenting! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts